Monday, January 31, 2005

Thanksgiving in January

Emptying the bathtub of toys a few minutes ago I realized something: I love my life.

I have been immersed in a pit of pity for some time now. I don't doubt I'll go back to as I am constantly stressed. However I have these little moments where I surface and catch my breath, like tonight peeling the little foam dolphins off my shower surround. My boys went to bed without a fight tonight and I got some writing done. The house is less than destroyed and I keep thinking about how hard the kids laughed together in the tub. Choco took a bath while Cai went to the store with his dad and then later when Cai was in the bath Choco screeched to get back in. Then Cai asked if his baby brother could get in with him and it just seemed crazy to do anything else so I stripped the freshly washed, diapered and pj'ed baby down and plopped him back in the bath. He laughed so hard at his big brothers antics he kept choking himself.

Anyway, I am just having a moment of utter gratitude and it is one I want to remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home