Friday, June 24, 2005

$#%@!

Fuck, shit, motherfucker. Asshole fucker, fuck you, fuck it.

I just read a couple of my last blog entries and I sound like such a namby-pamby sacchrine and revolting ‘Mommy’ that I have to redeem myself with a little good old- fashioned cussing.

Actually, Jaya and I have recently come up with this really fun game. You see, after you have a two-year old that says ‘Crap’, or “Oh, shit” whenever he drops something cause he thinks that’s what you say when you drop something, you start to clean up you language. So after a couple of years of watching our language, Jaya and I take moments when the kids are out of earshot and lean into one another, maybe in the middle of a conversation about where to eat dinner with, “Fuck you, Cocksucker.” This is followed by silent hysterics. Really, we crack up every time and it's a bonding experience. We delight in getting back to our roots, when we went to seedy bars and slept in late and cussed like sailors on a daily basis.

So I am employing a little of this therapy now because I’m feeling like a boring mom. I love being a boring mom, but it’s not the best for the self-image. I also would like to be dynamic, funny, intelligent, sexy and all those other things they say moms can’t be.

That reminds me, I got the best compliment last week. When The Bastard came to visit, we went to the bar and I was all happy and excited to be out. He and I were waiting to order drinks and he told me I looked beautiful and that motherhood suited me. Repeating it now makes it sound like a nice thing you say to a girl you knew once who is now a little boring but still your friend. But it was said in such a sincere way that it really made my day. Thanks, MB. And by the way, Fuck you Motherfucker. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home